Wednesday, October 15, 2008

south korea 1

My trip to South Korea got off to a rocky start, due to my severe procrastination. Thursday night I went out for dinner after work and then to the night market, so I didn't get home to start laundry until midnight! And as the Time of Departure was just five hours away, I gave up any hopes of sleeping!

Here's my stack of Korean Won, and a little Korean phrase sheet I made for myself:

Ugh! SO early!


And yet... here I am at 1:45 and the only thing in my suitcase is ME!


I finished packing just a few minutes before our taxi arrived. I napped a little on the plane but it's just a 2-hour flight so I arrived in Korea very, very tired! We had to take a ferry from the airport to Seoul--here are a few pictures from the boat. It was shockingly chilly!


1 comment:

sarah j said...

I like the suitcase picture! very creative:) It looks like you had a great trip! Also, did you cut your hair?

gre