Thursday, January 15, 2009

price check, aisle 3!

I just made a late-night trip to the fabulous new grocery store in my neighborhood. When I left, I was grumbling to myself about how much money I spent, but then I wondered... I don't remember how much all this stuff would have cost in the US! So--here's what I came home with... and how much I spent in USD. Tell me how much this loot would run me back in the states!


small loaf of whole wheat bread
5 large bananas
a bag of sprouts
3 large onions
a dozen eggs
two green peppers, one red pepper,and one yellow pepper
a small box of mushrooms
a 10-oz can of Prego "fresh mushroom" spaghetti sauce
a small container of blueberries
5 mandarin oranges
3 Ferrero Rocher chocolates :)

Total cost: $21

1 comment:

Maria said...

WHAT?! i'm not going to give you the itemized list of my groceries last week, but i can tell you it was not a whole lot more and more than twice more!!! thats incredible!!! :) glad you included the essential chocolates....thats my sister!