Sunday, January 17, 2010

happy herb-y high-rise home... hopefully!

(Pronounce the usually-silent "h" in "herb-y," it flows better!)

I've never seen seeds here before! I'm sure they're around... I've just never found them. Till today! I bought coriander and basil seeds, and some precious biodegradable pots in pea-green and yellow. I had tantalizing visions of me standing at my counter, snipping fresh herbs, my little green friends traveling from pot to pan in less than five seconds to zing up my dinner!

Maybe instead of daydreaming, I should have been paying attention to the actual purchasing process, because now I'm home, with pots, water tray, and even DIRT (yeah, hard for an Iowa girl to wrap her head around the fact that you can't just go outside and dig up some soil)... but no seeds! I have no idea what happened to them or where they decided to jump out of my backpack, but if you happen to see two little seed packets running around unsupervised, tell them they're grounded! (Couldn't resist... I get it from my dad...)

1 comment:

Maria Lovin said...

hahaha!!!!! That was a funny joke :) but a sad story, too! Darn seeds. I had fun imagining you cooking up an herbal storm right in your kitchen!! Hope the seeds sprout out of their hiding spot soon!