Wednesday, March 4, 2009

all i want is an FUD and an O2 Bar!

My Wish List: (this list is specific to life in Taiwan and would be considered null and void if I was in the States)

1. A "Go-Girl" Female Urination Device. I was introduced to this item on a friend's blog last week and have been hankering for one ever since. It's some sort of little rubber funnel designed to give women the freedom to stand and take a leak, just like men. The reason I want one is because most of the public restrooms (as well as all the bathrooms at my schools) are squatters--holes in the tile. Not that I can't do it like that--I'm a country girl, not to mention I've traveled to lots of places where bathrooms are, ahem, primitive. However, the squatters are usually pretty dirty and, well... wet (I think most women have the aiming skills of a 4-year-old boy). I could go on and on about why I want a Go-Girl, but I'll spare you the details. Just check out the website... it's good for a giggle.


2. An oxygen bar. I remember when I first heard about oxygen bars a few years ago, and thought it was the most ridiculous concept. Why in the world would you pay for something that's free and is everywhere?!? Well, here's why: because it's NOT EVERYWHERE! UGH! Between the pollution and the nasty smells here (ranging from stinky tofu being cooked on the street to sewage stench wafting from unknown sources), I crave oxygen like I used to pine for dark chocolate. I've done a little research, and not only can you go to an oxygen bar ("Hey, baby... do you breathe here often?") you can actually buy your own! Unfortunately they start at about $300 and go up from there, but hey... a girl can dream. I have a feeling that when I return to Iowa, I'm going to get a high from all the fresh air going to my brain.

a personal oxygen bar




... and a more social option, hanging out at an oxygen bar

4 comments:

the lee's said...

Elly, YES! You weren't kidding about wanting one of these.... I can't decide if I think that's really cool or just plain weird. Maybe I will work on getting one to you...

Maria said...

haaahahaha :)

i'm sending you a care package. consider your internal organs dancing for joy at the new discoveries.

sara lyn said...

stinking HILARIOUS!! wow, that would have been of some help in uganda, huh? and i can think of a number of other choice times when something like that would have been just lovely. thanks for posting...love you!

Carrie Sterner said...

I say skip that pink device, shoot I want a simple catheter so you don't even have to take the time to stop!

This post is entirely too funny!