I've recently started reading the paper more often. I usually get my news from Yahoo.com--and I only check it if something grabs my attention. However, my iPod currently seems to be in a coma, and I have to do something on those long commutes, so I've been using my travel time to read the Taipei Times (the English newspaper). It's pretty interesting... there's a lot of world news, as well as Taiwanese news, and quite a bit of random stuff too. You can check out today's survival Chinese phrase ("I'm thinking about learning Korean") or the air quality forecast around the island (usually somewhere in the "unhealthy" range).
You can also read the daily "lunar prophecy," based on Chinese astrology. It tells you what things are good to do today and what actions will bring poor results. I'm not sure who lives by this stuff (especially English speakers?) but it's entertaining nonetheless.
So, here it is... your lunar prophecy for Monday, March 3.
It's a GOOD day for:
-getting engaged
-meeting friends
It's a BAD day for:
-Starting a business
-Repairing stoves
Ha!
2 comments:
I was going to repair a stove, thank god;)
i knew i should not have even bothered with my stove yesterday....but on the other hand, so glad i got engaged! ;) haaaaha.
Post a Comment