
I'm a big fan of anything with a lavender scent, so when I saw a bottle of "Body Lotion Moisture Lavender" for 39NT--about $1--on sale at Watson's (think "Walgreens") I couldn't resist.
I put some on before bed, and as I was rubbing it into my arms, inhaling the scent of a field in the south of France, I noticed little purple specks on my skin. I looked closer and saw that they were teeny tiny Chinese characters!
And I kid you not, my first thought was that they were little dissolvable good wishes to enhance your lotion experience. How neat! I imagined that they said things like "peace" and "happiness" and "sparkle" and "hope" and "rockstar," and as you rubbed them into your skin with the moisturizer, you infused your being with these qualities, which would then be exuded from your skin along with the smell of Provence in spring.
Then I looked at the bottle and saw that just by touching it, I'd smudged off most of the words on the back. Here is my fish, Bubbletea2, looking at the bottle with displeasure.
I guess all I was rubbing in were the Chinese characters for "fake," "unnatural fragrance," "disgusting additives," and "nasty chemicals," and "nothing in this product comes from the south of France."
"Cheap" does not mess around in Taiwan.
I miss Target.
4 comments:
bummer! reading this made ME miss Target haha! I'll keep this in mind for your next package....
ha, if you need ideas for my next package... i have a shopping cart at targetDOTCOM! (that's what i did with a few hours of my couch-rest after the accident)
how sad! I was quite entranced by the lotion in the beginning of your blog. Sounds like Burts Bees is the cure!
as i was reading this i was all, "that is so NEAT! wish lotion!" and then as you revealed what the tiny words really were i was so upset. good grief.
but i'm thinking there might be some suckers like us who would totally by lavendar wish lotion! we may need to look into this.
and yes, i ADORE all things lavendar. every spring my dad plants a huge pot of lavendar and gives it to me.
Post a Comment