Here's the prison that's still in business. Guarded by a dude with a name tag. And his cat.
I would NOT attempt busting outta here. Not with that black and white lioness just waiting to bite my incorrigible head off.
A memorial that I'm not quite sure I understand... the two prisons that are shut down did not have very good human rights policies and were apparently the site of horrible abuses. The prisoners there were political prisoners. I think this seaside memorial commemorates the people who were there before martial law was lifted... or something.
The old prisons. Totally abandoned and no tourists to be found (except a few foreigners like us). Very eerie and, though I don't quite understand what went on here, it felt very sad.
Green Island Part 3 is coming soon, and will be happier and prettier and will not contain any mossy urinals. You're welcome.
4 comments:
Even though I already saw the pictures, they are 100x better with your captions and details :) I want to enlarge and frame the picture of you with the jail suit on hehe!
These pictures are creepy! Thanks for sharing. It looks like you had an awesome time exploring! Oh, and nice brown hair!!
comment testing, one, two, three....
amazing pictures from your trip, Elly!
Post a Comment