Saturday, September 13, 2008

moon-'phoon festival

This weekend is Moon Festival--a time to be with your family, have a barbecue, and eat moon cakes, from what I've heard. I'm going to Tainan to visit Jin's family again but my plans could be altered by the typhoon that's currently drenching Taiwan. Tonight any classes beginning after 6:30 were canceled... of course, that meant I still had to commute to Long Tan for my 5-6:30. It was almost worth the expensive cab ride, long bus ride home, and ensuing headache. (Note sarcasm) The kids were monkeys tonight! Partly because it's Moon Festival, so they're excited about that; partly because the typhoon was distracting (rain dumping on hundreds of tin roofs is difficult to compete with); partly because I had a substitute co-teacher; and partly because they're always naughty.

Here's a link where you can learn about Moon Festival:

http://chineseculture.about.com/library/weekly/aa093097.htm

And here's a link where you can track the typhoon!

http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V5e/index.htm

After the weekend I'll post my own stories and pictures--both of Moon Festival and the typhoon!

1 comment:

Carrie Sterner said...

You stay safe girlfriend.

Is the family you are going to visit the same one who lavished upon you last time? I hope so. That makes those of us who love you like family feel so much better. It is how God answers our prayers to provide for you. Have a great weekend and will look forward to the pictures!